Friday, December 20, 2013

A Week of Gifts.

This past week as been a busy time.  Both in our computer shop and in my sewing room.  More often than not, when I make something, it's for someone else.  So I've been making little gifts for my Grandchildren.  They vary in age from 6 months to 13 years.  So it's actually easy to make something each one of them will use and enjoy.  I'm blessed with Grandchildren that appreciate items that Gramma  made.

For Calysta, who is learning Guitar, there is a cute little tote for transporting her music books and lessons.







Little Dania, who loves to twirl and dance, a couple tutu's in her favorite colors.  (That Gold really glittered up my room.  I even had it on my face.  My Dear Husband pointed this out and I winked and told him it was from  my night job!  HAHAHA!)




Here was my helper...

Louie took a break from sewing to go out and play with Squeeky Chickie Baby...and apparently dig into some mole trails.  Silly Boy!


Young Sarah will receiving this cute little hobo bag in her favorite colors.


This fabric is SO cute!



Left on the table...and waiting for me in the morning are hats for the boys.




I'll get these finished up and then get back to quilting.  Those PIG's and WIP's are still waiting for me.  I also had a visit from my neighbor Mrs. Kravits (bearing the annual Christmas Pumpkin Loaf...(I thinks it's a bribe yet again, as I use our lawn vac to clear the sycamore leaves from their culverts every Fall)), telling me her daughter had brought a quilt to her for repair.  Yes, she wants my help.  I was secretly thinking it's gonna require more than one Christmas Pumpkin Loaf to get me into that.  But I know I'll cave in and help her...she's a nice neighbor even if she and Abner know more of what goes on at my house than I do.

I hope you are all prepared for the upcoming Holiday and that you have opportunities to be with Family and Friends.

Merry Christmas,
MrsMelanieVarela

Linking up with Leah Day at http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you, Melanie! And Louie too! You two have made some wonderful gifts for your grandchildren. Those tote bags are sweet! And the hats in progress look like they will be right smart looking, too!
    Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Quilty New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorna, and it's nice to meet yo as well. Thank you, I do hoe the children like there new goodies!

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louie made me smile. All that dirt around his nose is really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Calysta adores her music bag, and Dania is simply thrilled (& precious, I might add) with her tutus!! Well done, Grandma. You nailed it! :)

    ReplyDelete