Friday, December 27, 2013

New Years Resolutions.

Normally, I am not one to make Resolutions.  But I look at my PIGS and WIPs and know that I have to get them cleared out.  Just a few of them...



I know this doesn't look like a lot, there are 7 there, and many more in bins and in the closet.
So, I resolve to finish what is shown on this photo. 

In 2014, I resolve to finish more projects than I start!  (we'll see how that one goes!)

Additionally, I am still picking out the Celtic True Love Knot that I'm making for the oldest Daughter, and creating a backing for the little Sailboat for Grandson.


I hate picking out more than anything sewing related.  But I was SO dissatisfied with my work AND the design, that I just have to do it!  I'm also going to change the border fabrics.  Just not happy with the way it looks.  Plenty of work still left here.

I also resolve to learn (I mean REALLY learn) a new Free Motion design every month.

Have you made your Resolutions for 2014?  Do you make any at all?  Do you accomplish your goals?

I hope I do.

Happy New Year to you all.

MrsMelanieVarela


Linking up with Leah Day at the http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. I'm not generally a resolutions kinda gal, but before the year began, I felt the Lord nudging me to simplify. So that's what I aim to do. :) Like you, I intend to finish some projects and get things "done."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to finish up all the children's quilts (the tops are already done, just need backs and quilting). I'm so glad I said "finish more projects than I start", as I have just joined Leah Day's "Building Blocks Quilt Project" http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html
    This is a year long project, so I should have plenty of time to finish lots of other things.

    ReplyDelete