Saturday, December 7, 2013

Hi new friends!  I've wanted to start a blog for some time to share my sewing projects and whatnot.  After reading http://pinprickedfingers.com/2013/12/06/fmq-pillows/  and seeing her refer to her stack of in-want-of-quilting-tops as Quilts in Que, I decided to name my Blog that.  I currently have about 18 tops in want of quilting.  Some more urgent than others.  So, my intention is to link up with some of my favorite blogs, share what is going on here in my sewing space and chat about my thoughts and life in general.  I currently own just 5 sewing machines  (I gave away 4 in the past couple years), but have my eye on a long arm that would just make my life complete!  Of course ZORRO, (my dear husband and the swash-buckling hero who is the love of my life) (uh...no...his name isn't really ZORRO, but he's my ZORRO (yes, all caps all the time)), cringes at the thought of giving up one of his precious computer repair rooms to house the beast!  So, here we go.  I do hope to keep up with the goings on of all my favorite blogs, and attend to this one along the way.  Welcome and please feel free to provide honest (my FMQ is horrible and I know it...don't be afraid to say it!) evaluations and comments.  Also, please share what you are working on.  I am so interested in quilting and becoming a better quilter!  Thanks for reading!  You are all so welcome here.

MrsMelanieVarela

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world! Thanks for the kudos too, you're sweet! I'm looking forward to seeing your quilts (waiting and finished alike)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These "just" 5 sewing machines occupy a 10'x12' room, when actually handling one of these quilt's the living room a 16'x25' room is unusable because it is crammed with at least 3 large tables (all level), sewing machines come and go and Melanie is embedded at various points whenever I come up to say hello.

    I work downstairs, a walkout basement cut into 2 large rooms and an enormous garage converted into a machine shop. I build, program and repair computers of all types.
    The point is it sounds like freight trains upstairs when Melanie gets going and it's fun.

    I am usually banging something; I make allot of noise and there is at least 4 computers running during a lull. When I get busy there are 8 to 12 computers going and I run through 3 rooms moving them along.

    Melanie handles all my customers including customer service, business management and coffee to keep me going. She likes tearing stuff apart and there is allot of that.

    I make all kinds of stuff I need, from wiring harnesses to metal caddies that hold equipment in the computers. Melanie will make the templates and the prototype of what I need and then we collaborate and refine it.

    Melanie will build computers when I get super busy. She absolutely hates programming them.

    Don't get me wrong, when customers have problems Melanie will walk them through a satisfactory conclusion. She will tutor customers on how to run programs. Melanie will spend about 45 minutes after a computer is finished walking customers through the embellishments I programmed into their computers. She just hates doing the actual programming. Go figure!

    We could expand this house by double and still use it all up.

    Are we having FUN? You bet we are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! Nice to meet you both - Melanie and ZORRO - or Ben!
    Looking forward to getting to know you in the coming new year!

    ReplyDelete