Sunday, December 22, 2013

Washed Clean and Blown Out!

Last night, the severe storms marched across the southern states and hammered us with rain and high winds.  Local towns had weather sirens blaring out the warnings.  This Sunday morning, we have been washed clean and blown out.  Although still a tad damp, leafless, and stark, there is a freshness about it that I like.  The temp is still warm.  Go figure...please...do...I've lived in Middle Tennessee for 20 years and have never been more confused about the weather, (we had snow last week).  Where else can you wake  up, put on your parka, shorts and flip-flops, then sit by the fire with the windows open, to have your morning coffee. 
It's time to go out and have a walk around.  Pick up the tree branches that Mother Nature trimmed off for me.

Later today I hope to block a quilt and prepare it for binding this week.  So sorry ZORRO, I'll be taking over the living room with my big tables once again.  There are also the  little boy's caps to finish up.

Happy Sunday to everyone and Merry Christmas.

mrsmelanievarela

No comments:

Post a Comment